Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Self Portrait Tuesday: Friends

Here is my first attempt at writing something other than just cycling, following the format of other blogs that I've seen. This is also on behalf of my wife (until she can get a chance to get on the blog board).

My wife, Gretchen (left) and Heather have known each other for probably over 10yrs, but have been better friends in the last 5-7 yrs. We have known John and Heather when they were single, married and now with children (1,2 and now 3). Throughout these years, we
ve always had them on our hearts and try to be better friends to them, but life happens (church, issues, family, kids) and we all get caught up in our own world. Four or five years ago, we picked two couples that we really wanted to be friends with, and it's been good. Of course, it's hard work and lots of time, but it's worth it. As the saying goes, "You get what you put in". We still need to put in a little-a lot more. As far as Gretchen and Heather, they have a good relationship. Both with kids (boy and girl..for now), housewives, and great husbands :-) I think it can be better, but it's hard because of the same reasons.

The Kempers. We'd really like to reel them in. The same goes for them as the Hannons and the Dahls. We've known them for the same amount of time, but same reasons keep us from really going after it..life. That sounds pretty lame, though. We just get too comfortable in our marraige and too lazy to go after anyone else because it's hard work. So, we'll repent and make more effort. I'm grateful that these friends know how to get deeper in our relationships (thru the Bible).

Until next time,
Ride'm if ya got'm

3 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

OH Jeff, you guys are such great friedns, though I don't really like the term "reel them in" makes us sound like fish you caught or somthing...is that what you think of me jeff, a fish? ahh the truth comes out in you blog :) just kidding. "ride em if you got em" your last line, are you talking about John? :) (I couldn't resist)

10:35 AM  
Blogger asianarnold1 said...

Hah! (for the first comment)
Ehh (for the 2nd comment)

;-)

10:42 AM  
Blogger Lorissa said...

I think the blogs really help me stay in touch with Heather so I hope Gretchen joins in. Even if we don't see each other it keeps me up to date. And I think I'm likely to me more open on a blog (although Heather gets the award for openness. I guess that's why she has such a large fan base). I think the distance has made a difference. Being so far away kinda sucks. Look forward to hanging out soon.
P.S. Great Lawn! You'll have to invite us over next to break it in.

12:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home