Thursday, June 29, 2006

TDF'06


tOUR dE fRANCE
Tour de France, the grandest tour in the cycling world, starts in 1-23july06. It's like the superbowl of cycling. Lots of action, even before the start. Allegations of blood-boosting EPO, HGH, steroids, other drugs that boosts endurance are aimed towards some of the top favorites. Now that Lance is not here, it is a free-for-all race to the finish. My take in all this is that "if you cheat, you'll get caught". As the bible says in Lk 8:17 "For there is nothing hidden that will not be disclosed, and nothing concealed that will not be known or brought out into the open." It applies to all. I keep this verse close, and it keeps me out of trouble. Back to cycling: My pick is Ivan Basso. He follows Lance in style, technique, performance, drive, and so on. Basso is more likable though. I only have 90% respect for Lance. Everything was cool up until he divorced his wife. I would trade 10 TDF wins to be able to keep my wife and kids. For all his wins, he still "lost". Anyway, i'll be glued to the tv and on the saddle in july, so just leave a message and i'll get back to you.

1 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

I like watching the Tour for the crashes, they are thrilling and gruesome....is that wrong? :)

7:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home