Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Train Train Train (not the caboose type)


Seems like I need to do so much work for that little bit of gain. I guess that goes for all aspect of life, not just sports. I've been training a lot more lately and trying to get more miles a week than before. And that's taking more toll on the family. Our agreement is one weekend for the team/racing, two weekends (sat) for work, and one weekend for family. Give or take. Too much of one and the other suffers. So, yesterday, I rode 72 miles, half of that with a friend. The week before, 45mi with the team. I need these kind of miles to get my base so when it's race time, i'll be able to keep up. I'm feeling better and riding stronger each week, but i could always do more. Now it's more about stragegy and making sure i don't get dropped in group rides. I'm getting more encouraging comments from our coach and others about my riding, that i'm getting better. So again, a lot of work for a little gain.

But that gain can go a long way.

I'll get my Cat 4 after my next race. Now i really need to step up my training.

3 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

sounds like you are doing great. It is such a sacrifice your family has to make, sports like bicycling are more like a family sport even if the others arn't riding because it requires so much sacrifice and endurace from all the family members, yet only one gets the glory. You have an awesome family, a special family, not every family it made out to be a bicycling family.

7:57 AM  
Blogger Heidi R. said...

wow...that is impressive!!! :)

8:49 AM  
Blogger Jason said...

Jeff & Gretchen - thanks for the comment on our blog! It's great to hear from you (electronically, that is) and to see your blog. I will read through it to get caught up - but my first question is, "Gretchen what have you been feeding Jeff?"

Amazing! In any case, glad to hear from you.

10:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home